Your ceremony in Spain can start here…
I hope that you have enjoyed my website so far, and can see my passion and commitment to helping couples have the best ceremony that they can possibly have. I have put a summary below of some useful information about me and my services, which might help you decide to book me for your special day. I hope you do!
- I have been conducting beautiful Humanist ceremonies in Spain since 2007, making me one of the Costa del Sol’s longest serving wedding celebrants.
- I work regularly with most of the coast’s amazing wedding suppliers from top photographers, videographers, caterers, wedding planners, hair and make-up artists, florists, DJs and guitarists, many of whom I have worked alongside since 2007 and many of whom I can call friends, too, which is an added bonus. This means I know and understand how they all work and how my role can complement theirs. Click on the link to see some of the best Costa del Sol wedding suppliers.
- I have had the pleasure of marrying couples from all over the world, from China, the USA, Canada, Russia, Holland, Belgium, Ireland, UK and Spain to name a few. I love to tailor their ceremonies to match their nationalities, cultures and identities. I am also able to perform bilingual ceremonies in both Spanish and English.
- I prefer to meet couples personally before their ceremony, as I feel it is important to be comfortable with one another and to create a good bond, before the big day arrives. As Spain is my home, I am resident here all year round and available to meet with you here at any time of the year. I am proud to say that I keep in touch with many couples that I have married, and look forward to hearing their news, especially about babies!
TWO facts I am proud of…
- My wedding blog engagedandready.com, which I set up to encourage couples to see the importance of their wedding ceremony and how to make it their own, is now the recipient of not one but two awards, including Wedding Magazine’s Best Bridal Real Talk Award. So pleased.
- Having recognised my wealth of experience and expertise in the wedding industry, Confeti Magazine asked me to be one of its contributing writers. So now I get to combine my two loves; writing and weddings. You can quickly access some of my features in the right hand side column of this site.
One embarrassing (but funny) fact…
- I once during a ceremony called a groom named Stephen, by the name of Simon (my husband’s name). A total slip of the tongue. I was mortified but the couple in question thought it was hilarious, as did their guests, especially when the groom asked his wife-to-be who ‘Simon’ was!! I have NEVER done anything like that since and thankfully I am still very good friends with the couple. Phew!!
Other things that you might like to know…
My wedding fee of 600 Euros is for a 100% personalised, bespoke ceremony, created by my couples, crafted and conducted by me. I am also legally and fiscally registered to work here in Spain.
- I have my own PA and speaker system, which I tend to use for large ceremonies or venues which necessitate sound amplification. This is at no extra cost to my existing fee.
- I conduct my ceremonies in English and English and Spanish and help couples who speak other languages to include their language within the ceremony.
- And of course, I love what I do!
Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions or to check my availability for your big day. I look forward to hearing from you.